Dear IAJS Conference Presenters,
Congratulations to those of you selected to present at the IAJS 2017 Conference in South Africa: The Spectre of the ‘Other’!!!
We truly look forward to seeing you in Cape Town, but there are some important steps to take to ensure your participation:
To Participate in the Conference:
If you are accepted to present your paper or workshop at the conference, you are responsible for paying the conference registration fee as well as your travel, housing, and food/incidental costs. Accepted presenters have until June 15 to confirm your participation as a presenter at the conference by registering on the conference website (jungstudies.net). Accepted presenters are extended the Early Bird conference registration fee until June 15. After June 15, the conference registration fee increases and we will be checking to see if we should delete you from the program. There is an additional fee for the Gala Dinner and Dance. If you plan to attend the Gala Dinner and Dance, and we hope you do since it is a fun event, please pay for this when you register.
Your Paper or Workshop:
1) Please review the attached program to ensure that your information is complete as well as the date and time of your presentation.
2) IAJS does not review your paper prior to the conference–you write your paper, then read your paper at the conference.
3) Unless otherwise arranged, papers are a maximum of 20 minutes with 10 minutes for Q&A with the audience.
4) Please do not change your date and times of paper presentations between yourselves or at the time of your presentation. We have received lots of negative feedback about presenters changing the time of their presentation at the last minute. Attendees follow the program in order to go from one room to another to hear particular presentations.
5) Please bring a printed copy of your paper (no printing or copying available on site of conference) that you will read from as well as a thumb drive of any PowerPoint or other AV aspects of your talk.
If you have questions about this email or any aspect of the conference, please feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here is the latest schedule, make sure you re on it. IAJS 2017 Conference The Spectre of the Other v3 5212017
See you in July!
Marybeth Carter and Stephen Farah
Co-Chairs, 2017 Conference in South Africa