Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies <//www.essex.ac.uk/centres/psycho/> | Course details <//www.essex.ac.uk/centres/psycho/prospective/pg/ma_jungian_studies.aspx>
A unique and internationally acclaimed MA, this course is designed for students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds.
Our course takes an informative, critical, and reflective stance in relation to the key texts of Jung, the diverse contexts from which analytical psychology emerged, and the core concepts developed by Jung, post-Jungians and scholars.
We explore both clinical theory and applications in areas such as cultural and gender studies, social and political theory, philosophy, myth, and religion.
You can study on a full-time or part-time basis and our timetable is designed with students who live away from campus in mind. Successful applicants come from a range of backgrounds and experiences, and include:
* Good honours graduates (or equivalent) from any discipline
* Psychotherapeutic practitioners and others in the caring professions wishing to deepen their understanding of Jungian theory
* Those planning to undertake doctoral research with analytical psychology as its subject matter, theoretical framework, or method
* Mature students wishing to acquire or deepen a creative, depth psychological perspective for reasons of professional or personal development
* International graduates and professionals
If you think this course could be for you, we would love to hear from you.
The Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, submitting with the Department of Sociology, has consistently achieved the very highest rating in the UK Research Assessment Exercise. In the most recent exercise, RAE 2008, it was ranked first for the quality of its research