More than any other in recent history, this presidential election has raised intense scrutiny of both candidates’ character to be President of the United States. Donald Trump has had repeated allegations against him of narcissism and whether his temperament is suitable for the presidency.
Chiron Publications has gathered 17 leading clinical psychiatrist and psychologist to examine this issue in their new release, A Clear and Present Danger: Narcissism in the Era of Donald Trump.
– If Donald Trump Had a Selfie Stick, We’d All Be in the Picture – reviews a key chapter in the book
New York Times – reporter, Benedict Carey, interviewed the editors of the book in a NY Times story to be published later this week.
A Clear and Present Danger: Narcissism in the Era of Donald Trump looks at a number of these vital questions:
- What is Mr. Trump’s temperament and is it fair to label it as narcissistic?
- What is the difference between healthy presidential narcissism and malignant presidential narcissism?
- What are the unconscious factors drawing the U.S. electorate towards a candidate as nontraditional as Donald Trump?
- What deep fears and hidden thoughts in the U.S. have been activated by the campaigns?
The contributors to this book include 4 psychiatrists, more than a dozen psychologists, and 2 university professors who share their insights about narcissism. The Co-editors, Dr. Cruz and Dr. Buser, are both practicing psychiatrists. The editors are available for interviews and are prepared to submit op-ed pieces or short articles about narcissism upon request. Dr. Buser can be reached via [email protected]
Chiron Publications is a 33-year old book publisher that maintains more than 150 titles in print on subjects of depth psychology, mythology, and culture.
Steven Buser, M.D.