Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies
Wednesday 18 January 2012
‘Emotional Development: Putting ‘Personality Disorder’ on the map ‘
Rex Haigh, Consultant Psychiatrist, Berkshire; Clinical Advisor, National Personality Disorder Programme
Abstract: The talk will be an explanation of disturbance of emotional development – what is needed for normal and healthy ‘primary emotional development’, what can go wrong with that, and what we can do about it as therapy in ‘secondary emotional development’. I’ll use a ‘tube map’ we have developed at the Department of Health to illustrate it and explain how we are hoping to develop that into an online interactive tool, in partnership with service user organisations. If I have time I will propose some radical rethinking about the disputed territory between ‘complex PTSD’, ‘borderline personality disorder’ and ‘bipolar disorder’.
Rex Haigh is a consultant psychiatrist in Berkshire, clinical advisor to the National Personality Disorder Development Programme, and founder of the ‘Community of Communities’ quality network at the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He is involved with several 3rd sector organisations including Exclusion Link CIC, Emergence CIC, the Association of Therapeutic Communities, Community Housing and Therapy, the Society for Psychotherapy Research and the British and Irish Group for the Study of Personality Disorder. He has written and published numerous articles about therapeutic communities and personality disorder, and is co-editor of both the Jessica Kingsley “Community, Culture and Change” book series and the International Journal of Therapeutic Communities.
This Open Seminar will be followed by a wine reception.
This Open Seminar will take place in room 4S.6.28. (Please note the room change).
5.00-6.30pm All Welcome
T 01206 873640 E www.essex.ac.uk/cps
Extended the deadline for submission of proposals for the 2015 JSSS Conference, "On Nature and the Feminine: Psychological and Cultural Reflections,"IAJS Communications, , Call for Papers, Events, Featured, Latest News, 0
Dear Friends of JSSS, JSSS President, Alexandra Fidyk has extended the deadline for submission of proposals for the 2015...
- Call for papers for the popular culture association (PCA).September 2, 2017
- Anima and Africa: Jungian Essays on Psyche, Land, and Literature.August 28, 2017
- New Book: Moments of Meeting in Psychoanalysis: Interaction and Change in the Therapeutic Encounter Edited by Susan LordAugust 25, 2017
- August 24, 2017
- Platonic Jung and the Nature of Self by Jane WeldonAugust 21, 2017
- Leon Schlamm, Dies at 67 on
- IAJS membership Sign Up on
- IAJS membership Sign Up on
- IS JOSEPH CAMPBELL A JUNGIAN? on
- Six Blind Jungian Monks Tackle Questions of The Psyche, Politics and Culture of the Western World in the Era of Brexit, Trump, Immigration and other turbulent social/political events. on